Monday, November 7, 2011

Start of ITBS testing

This week I am helping proctor the ITBS to a third grade class. The first thing I noticed when I walked into this classroom was the fact that there were only 20 students!! Wow! A huge difference from coming from a class of 31 :) I talked to the teacher of the class, and she said she loved the size of the group because she could do so much with them and behavior management was not an issue because of the small group.

While beginning the ITBS I learned that this was their first time completing the ITBS on their own without teacher assistance of reading and calling out the choices. It was also their first time transferring answers from the answer booklet to an answer sheet. While walking around, I saw that many students were doing great at this, or from observation that's what I thought! I did not know the answers, but I saw confidence on every student's face. The teacher said they had been practicing how to complete multiple choice questions and transferring answers on their homework which I think helped the students succeed on this aspect of testing. I think this was a great way to incorporate test taking skills because they were still completing homework based upon what they were learning, but they were still practicing how to complete a bubble sheet.

I am still helping with the ITBS for two more days, so I am anxious to see how this goes every day! The students seemed really rested and eager to go this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment