Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of calendar math :)

Today was my first real day of being in front of the classroom doing calendar math! I wanted today to be a day that I was being aware of what I was doing while I was teaching. By this, I mean that the academic content that I was teaching was basic, so I wanted to see what teaching flaws I could notice while still paying attention to what I was saying :)
I wanted to find one thing I was doing and try to change/modify my teaching in order to address this issue. The one thing I saw and wanted to work on was the fact that I was paying attention to one side of the classroom more than the other. Maybe I was doing this because the calendar was on that side? I'm really not sure, but I wanted to try to fix this! So I started walking around the front and turning my body in order to adjust this.
I hope to find one thing every time I teach that I want to adjust!

1 comment:

  1. You are so smart to stop and notice - these little subtle changes make a big difference...

    ReplyDelete