Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogging...To Do or Not to Do...


I have gained a new appreciation for blogging and for technology savvy people through this semester. At the beginning of the semester when I was informed that we were going to be blogging, honestly, I sighed a big sigh. I really did not understand why people blogged and what they blogged about. However, through this semester, I have reached an understanding of why people blog and how I can incorporate this concept into my classroom.
            I believe that writing is really important, for any age level. However, I believe that students do not all learn in the same way or like to express themselves in the same way. With that being said, I believe that blogging would be a great alternative for writing assignments and assessments. Some people, as I have witnessed through this experience, really thrive off of blogging and some people cannot seem to get in tune with their blogging side. Having this experience, I have realized that in my classroom, requiring students to blog would not be a good idea because some students would not like to respond in this way.
            

1 comment:

  1. I like your insights here - it is for some, but not always for everyone. All the more reason to provide lots of choices, I guess. I've admired the way you've embraced this genre, even though the beginning came with a sigh. You've done well! I've enjoyed all that you've shared here.

    If your students do blog, I hope you'll send it along!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete